Introduction to Maya 2023: Volume 2
Building & Animating 3D Models in Maya With Eric Keller
Eric Keller returns with the second volume in our Introduction to Maya 2023 series. Following on from Introduction to Maya 2023: Volume 1, Volume 2 consists of 14 short chapters which focus on introducing the primary tools that you'll be using to build and animate models in Maya.
The goal of this workshop is to help you establish a foundation of understanding of the Maya polygon workflow and the various approaches to animating your models. You'll learn about the Modeling toolkit, the UV toolkit, the GraphEditor, improvements to deformers, and animation visualization tools and animation layers. The skills that you develop in this workshop will help you tackle many of the more intermediate and advanced tutorials available at The Gnomon Workshop.
A number of helpful assets are available to download as project files with this workshop to help you with examples and to follow along with the workshop. Plus, a bonus chapter describes some of the new tools and updates recently released in Maya 2023.
If you haven’t watched Volume 1, be sure to take a comprehensive tour of the Maya interface, covering navigation along with the many editors that you'll need to use when building 3D models and scenes in preparation for this second volume. In Volume 3, Eric will introduce lighting shading and reveal how to export assets for use in real-time game-editing software, like the Unreal Engine development kit.
Duration: 264 Minutes
Format: HD 1920x1080
- 00. Preview
- 01. Introduction
- 02. Image Planes & Model Block-Up
- 03. Smooth Mesh Preview & Extrude Tool
- 04. Modeling Toolkit — Part 1
- 05. Modeling Toolkit — Part 2
- 06. Quad Draw & Connect Tools
- 07. NURBS Curves & Surfaces
- 08. Introduction to UV Editor
- 09. Animation Editing on the Timeline
- 10. The Graph Editor
- 11. Introduction to Deformers
- 12. Cluster, Lattice & Texture Deformers
- 13. Animation Visualization Tools
- 14. New Tools Released in Maya 2023